[Mimedefang] If I have file::scan & clamAV installed, are they both used?

Rich Stanton rich at m064.md.uwcm.ac.uk
Wed Dec 24 09:04:25 EST 2003

I installed both file::scan & clamAV (more because I didn't know what I was
doing than through an active decision).  I ran the eicar test file through
my mail & it was picked up fine by file::scan.  However I don't know much
about file::scan  - I've not set anything up for file::scan to update its
signatures regularly or anything.  I have set up ClamAV to update every day,
and so would feel more protected if Clam was used.  Will they both be used,
or is only the first one (file::scan) used?

Thanks!