[Mimedefang] Some info about amounts/day/load

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 22 12:18:39 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 07:32, David F. Skoll wrote:

> > So, next up is putting bins and mailspool in a ramdisk to get rid of the
> > HD bottleneck :-)
>
> Do NOT put your mail spool on a ramdisk!  It's OK to put
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang on a ramdisk, but not /var/spool/mqueue.

I would put /var/spool/mqueue on a real ramdisk (eg solid state 'disk'
with battery backup), but not in a memory ramdisk unless you have belt
and suspendor electrical power to the machine.

I might put /var/spool/mail on a solid-state disk that has hard-drive
backup with batteries.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645