[Mimedefang] What to do about bounced forgeries?

Rick Mallett rmallett at ccs.carleton.ca
Sun Dec 21 21:27:57 EST 2003

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Nope.  There's really very little you can do about it, unless the spammers
> live in the US.  Then, there's a faint hope you can go after them
> for forging the sender address... if you can find them.

Based on the sample I collected it seems the real spammers have
hijacked thousands of home systems to send their messages so I'm not
even sure who to go after. There were 10 Rogers and 19 Videotron
customers in the sample. Should I try to contact Rogers and Videotron
and ask them to investigate?

- rick