[Mimedefang] installing mimedefang with openantivirus?

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Sat Dec 20 14:08:46 EST 2003

Hello,
I am new to mimedefang and I am trying to setup it with open antivirus on a
freshly installed redhat 9.0. The how-to at
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/ is great but it lacks the open
antivirus part. I have the following directives to setup open anivirus
itself:

 chmod +x j2re-1_4_1_02-linux-i586-rpm.bin
 ./j2re-1_4_1_02-linux-i586-rpm.bin
 rpm -ivh j2re-1_4_1_02-linux-i586.rpm
 java setup is over
 Directory is : /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_02/

unzip  ScannerDaemon-0.5.2.zip and VirusSignatures-latest.zip

 cd ScannerDaemon-0.5.2/
 ScannerDaemon.jar.- is the important file
 mkdir /usr/local/oav
 cp ScannerDaemon.jar /usr/local/oav/
 cd ../VirusSignatures-latest/
 cp VirusSignatures.credo /usr/local/oav/
 cp META-INF /usr/local/oav/

 check the install with:

/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_02/bin/java -jar /usr/local/oav/ScannerDaemon.jar
/usr/local/oav/VirusSignatures.credo

For those of you who know it: Is this the right way to setup openantivirus
in order to have it work with mimedefang?

For those of you who dont know it: I hope this is right and it helps you
just like it does me:)

Onto mimedefang:

How do I "introduce" oav to mimedefang and how do I get the mimedefang to
use oav for all attachments? I found a few pieces of information from the
list archieves but being a newbei I couldnot figure out how to do it exactly
:(

Also I found some other how-to for sendmail-8.12.8 where the site.config.m4
file is:

 define(`confMAPDEF', `-DNEWDB -DNIS -DHESIOD -DMAP_REGEX -DLDAPMAP')
 define(`confENVDEF',
`$(RPM_OPT_FLAGS) -I/usr/include/db4 -I/usr/kerberos/include -Wall -DXDEBUG=
0 -DTCPWRAPPERS -DSASL -DSTARTTLS -DMILTER -DNETINET6 -DHES_GETMAILHOST -DUS
E_VENDOR_CF_PATH=1 -D_FFR_WORKAROUND_BROKEN_NAMESERVERS -D_FFR_SMTP_SSL -D_F
FR_MILTER_ROOT_UNSAFE')
 define(`confLIBDIRS', `-L/usr/kerberos/%{_lib}')
 define(`confLIBS',
`-lnsl -lwrap -lldap -llber -lsasl -lssl -lcrypto -lhesiod -lgdbm -lcrypt -l
db-4.0')
 define(`confMANOWN', `root')
 define(`confMANGRP', `root')
 define(`confMANMODE', `644')
 define(`confMAN1SRC', `1')
 define(`confMAN5SRC', `5')
 define(`confMAN8SRC', `8')

which is longer and a lotdifferent than how-to of
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/ . Can two close versipons be so
different?

Any ideas?

Have a nice day.