[Mimedefang] Re: SpamDrop issue

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Dec 18 17:29:23 EST 2003

I've been helping Vivek with his SpamDrop issue that he posted about a few
days ago.

He has and has had a mimedefang filter with the proper spamdrop per the FAQ.
I also added action_rebuild() just in case.  He is running MimeDefang 2.38
with RedHat Advanced Server with the Sendmail 8.12.10-1. RPM(SRPM to build
the devel RPM).

The code usually works what seems like 99% of the time but occasionally
doesn't seem to modify the headers to remove the original recipient and
redirect the email.  I cannot figure out why because the subject is modified
to start with *****SPAM*****.

Are there any bugs/known issues with the implementation of the SpamDrop?

Code Snippet Below:

 if ($hits >= $req) {
                md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);

                #MIMEDEFANG DEFAULT HEADER -- SHOWS UP TO 40 *'s
                $score = substr($score,0,40);
                action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score)
$names");

                # If you find the SA report useful, add it, I guess...
                # No longer needed. KAM 10-29-2003. Using Report_safe-esque
routine below
                #action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest",
"$report\n", "SpamAssassinReport.txt", "inline");

                # Old SpamAssassin Subject Change Rule
                # Change Subject: header
                action_change_header("Subject", "*****SPAM***** $Subject");

                # Add a header with original recipients, just for info
                action_add_header("X-Orig-Rcpts", join(", ", @Recipients));
                # Remove original recipients
                foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
                  delete_recipient($recip);
                }
                # Send to spam address
                add_recipient('spamdrop at gorave.net');
                action_rebuild();

            } else {
                # Delete any existing X-Spam-Score header?
                action_delete_header("X-Spam-Score");
            }
        }

Regards,