[Mimedefang] sharing mimedefang milter

Paul Heinlein heinlein at cse.ogi.edu
Wed Dec 17 16:40:38 EST 2003

Is is possible and/or advisable to share a mimedefang milter socket
between two separate instances of sendmail?

We'd have to have our port-587 instance run with a different access.db
than our port-25 instance, and it looks like the only way to
accomplish that feat is to launch two instances, each with its own
sendmail.cf. I'd love to avoid running two mimedefang-multiplexor
instances.

The milter README goes to great lengths to say that milter apps should
be thread safe. I'd assume that means that any number of sendmail
processes can hook to it, but I'd hate for the ass/u/me rule to kick
in. :-P

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>