[Mimedefang] Sendmail question on access.db

Justin listuser at numbnuts.net
Wed Dec 17 12:01:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Jim Miller wrote:

> >Everyone is suggesting you look at the various access.db options.  I have
> >another idea for you.  Are you by chance using FEATURE(`delay_checks',
> >`hater')?
> >
> >Justin
> >
> FEATURE(`delay_checks', `hater')dnl   -- to reverse the order in which
> the access DB is checked -- check RCPT TO first then everything else.
> the second 'equate' hater/friend determines how check_rcpt will work --
> `hater' seemed to be the better choice to me.

Actually this has a different effect.  Normally one would define
delay_checks friend and not hater.  Friend would force all checks on all
recipients unless they were defined to be a friend.  Ie...

Spam:joeblow		FRIEND

Hater on the other hand would disable all checks on all recipients unless
they were defined as a hater.  ie,

Spam:susieq		HATER

In short if you're a spam hater than the spam checks will be applied to
your mail.  If you're a spam friend then all spam checks will be disabled
when you're a recipient.

This used to be handled a little differently.  The syntax was

To:marionmorrison	SPAMFRIEND

The change to the most recent method happend somewhere in 8.12.x, but I
forget where.  The docs will tell you though.

HTH
 Justin