[Mimedefang] Re: Using a provided-version of sendmail (not self-compiled)

Rich Stanton richard.stanton1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 17 05:41:57 EST 2003

OK, thanks to everyone that replied - some very good advice from you all!
There is a sendmail-devel package which I will grab, so hopefully that will
work fine.  I just checked and, as someone else pointed out, the version of
sendmail from the yellowdog repositories is not the latest so I need to find
a src or binary rpm anyway, or build from source.  Bit of a shame really - I
thought rpm would make keeping everything updated childsplay!

I also didn't realise that yellowdog was a straight port of redhat, although
that is good to know - on that basis I think I will try to build the rpm of
mimedefang using the provided spec file, so here are some questions on that!

There are 2 spec file - mimedefang-spec.in & mimedefang.spec.  They look
identical, are they?

Secondly, I see the spec includes the 'disable-anti-virus' flag.  I want to
include virus scanning, so am I alright to just remove this flag?  Is there
a reason for having this option in the rpm other than just it being the
authors preference?

Thanks!