[Mimedefang] Sendmail question on access.db

Jim Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Tue Dec 16 14:57:33 EST 2003

Justin wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Wayne E. Smith wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Is it just me or is the Sendmail access list not read in the delivery
>>process? I have made entries for what should be easy blocks and the mail
>>is delivered anyways.
>>
>>Smitty
>>

>Everyone is suggesting you look at the various access.db options.  I have
>another idea for you.  Are you by chance using FEATURE(`delay_checks',
>`hater')?
>
>Justin

So to SUM things up.. buy the O'Reilly Sendmail "Flying Fox" book 3rd
edition..(which is a bit different from the 2nd edition ) and read it..
in this case CP 7.5.*   =)

FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -o -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access') -- Access DB
for  >= V8.12
FEATURE(`delay_checks', `hater')dnl   -- to reverse the order in which
the access DB is checked -- check RCPT TO first then everything else.
the second 'equate' hater/friend determines how check_rcpt will work --
`hater' seemed to be the better choice to me.
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients') -- I think this must be defined to use
the Accept and Reject per Recipient feature..

You would 'makemap hash some_text_file > access' to create your access
DB formatted in the correct way (very similar to virtusertable stuff)