[Mimedefang] Adding bayes_score from Mail::SpamAssassin:EvalTests

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Dec 16 13:00:13 EST 2003

At 07:23 AM 12/16/2003, Brett Simpson wrote:
>Would it be possible to add bayes_score from SpamAssassin's
>Mail::SpamAssassin:EvalTests perl module into mimedefang? It would be nice
>to be able to run additional checks based on the BAYES score.

How about looking in $names for BAYES_xx?  It's not the exact score, but
you can get it within 10%.

A simple test would be something like
($bayes_score) = ($names =~ /\bBAYES_([0-9][0-9])\b/);

Or, if you're looking specifically for messages that trigger, say, 00 or
99, you can do something like
if (index($names, 'BAYES_99') != -1) {
         # Practically no chance this isn't spam, let's do something else here.
}

(This code is off the top of my head and hasn't been tested.  Beware of typos!)

What I'd like is a way to get the autolearn status of each message.  I had
a customized function that worked with SA 2.5x, but they changed the
internals for 2.6 so it stopped working, and I haven't gotten around to
writing a new one yet.  Partly because I don't expect it to work once 2.7
arrives!

Kelson Vibber