[Mimedefang] Using a provided-version of sendmail (not self-compiled)

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Dec 16 12:31:01 EST 2003

At 07:37 AM 12/16/2003, David T Hollis wrote:
>I always use the stock sendmail RPMS on my RedHat boxes (I stay pretty
>current, not hanging back in 7.x land or anything) and they work fine.
>You need to install the sendmail-devel package to build MIMEDefang
>against and the sendmail-cf package to have all of the m4 files and
>initial sendmail.mc, etc.

As I understand it, Yellow Dog Linux is essentially a straight port of Red
Hat to PPC, just with all the Red Hat trademarks replaced.  IIRC, YDL 3 is
based on RH9, so assuming they didn't make any further changes to the
configuration, this ought to work as well on YDL 3 as it does on RH9.

Kelson Vibber