[Mimedefang] Problems starting Mimedefang

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Mon Dec 15 14:15:16 EST 2003

@MIME::Parser::ParanoidFiler::ISA at
> /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 4622. Can't locate package
>
> What is not working here?

Offhand I'd say you need to install the Perl package MIME::Parser::FileInto

try
perl -MCPAN -e"install MIME::Parser::FileInto;"

> Also, I was under the impression that if I call Mimedefang
> like this (from
> my /etc/mail/sendmail.cf)
>
> Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m
>
> Then sendmail will not crash if mimedefang is not working.
> That is not the
> case here, as Sendmail returns the 451 4.7.1 Please try again
> later when I
> try to send mail.

MIMEDefang is returning the 451 error code, not sendmail.  As far as
sendmail knows, MIMEDefang is working, so it doesn't check the failure
condition.