[Mimedefang] clamd versus clamav

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Fri Dec 12 10:51:44 EST 2003

	Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

	Having just upgraded to clamav 0.65, I thought I'd setup clamd
rather than clamav scanning from MIMEDefang, but I'm running into
problems. It doesn't look like MD is actually talking to clamd; I
don't see any log entries in the clamd log to indicate that anything's
using it, and MD's not catching a zipped Mimail.F. (But it's not
tempfailing either.)

	When I comment out the

    return [...] if ($Features{'Virus:CLAMD'));

lines to force the use of clamscan, the virus is caught. I'm testing
with this particular virus because my previous -- 0.60 -- clamd was
missing it for some reason.

	Here's my clamav.conf file, stripped of comments:
LogFile /var/tmp/clamd.log
LogFileMaxSize 5M
LogTime
LogSyslog
LogVerbose
PidFile /var/run/clamd.pid
LocalSocket /var/spool/MIMEdefang/clamd.sock
FixStaleSocket
MaxConnectionQueueLength 30
StreamSaveToDisk
StreamMaxLength 10M
MaxThreads 20
ThreadTimeout 320
MaxDirectoryRecursion 15
FollowDirectorySymlinks
FollowFileSymlinks
User clamav
AllowSupplementaryGroups
ScanMail
ScanArchive
ScanRAR
ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M
ArchiveMaxRecursion 5
ArchiveMaxFiles 1000

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key