[Mimedefang] greylisting stats

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Wed Dec 10 17:52:47 EST 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:20:04 +0100, Cahya Wirawan wrote:

> I would like to know whether it is necessary to use the relay ip
> address

I do think you probably want the relay's IP, or rather the first three octets of it.

If one spam is sent from many relays with the same sender and recipient, you still want it stopped. Same goes for worms and virii, wich may well send from a number of machines with the same sender. This becomes even more important for the effectiveness if you do like me, only use the domain part of the sender.

And I can see no reason to not use the first three octets of the relay's IP.

/Jonas

Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/