[Mimedefang] HTML mail

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Dec 10 12:56:53 EST 2003

--On Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:20 PM -0500 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> I like having it on by default, because it raises awareness of incorrect
> behavior on the Internet.  I would much rather a complaint go out to
> the marketing company than have the sysamin acquiesce.

For legitimate mail, I agree. Unfortunately, I've been receiving a lot of spam
recently where the spam is in the HTML part and the plaintext part has an
innocuous poem (different with each piece). If I strip the HTML, then the spam
indicators disappear before I have a chance to submit the whole thing to
Bayes. (I keep an "Uncaught" folder to drop my false negatives into, and a
cron job runs sa-learn against it nightly.)