[Mimedefang] Japanese attachment corrupted

Bob Falkenberg rfalkenberg at looksmart.net
Tue Dec 9 14:21:54 EST 2003

Hello all,

I have a SA 2.6 server using Mimedefang 2.38 as the milter default language
set to lang=eng_US on a Redhat 8 server.  A user has forwarded me 2 emails.
One run through this server and the attachment is 184k and the file can't be
opened. The same email sent directly to the user via an alternate address is
187k.

Another item to note is that in the "good" message the senders signature
text some of which is in English is intact but in the "bad" message the sig
is in Japanese.

Any insight into what I can do to correct this would be appreciated.

Bob F.

Bob Falkenberg
Looksmart, Ltd.
Email Systems Administrator