[Mimedefang] Blocking unwanted files

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Tue Dec 9 12:52:50 EST 2003

I just got a requirement from Layer 8 (the Political Layer) to do a
more in-depth scaning of the incomming mail.

Basically they want mimedefang to open the attachement and determine
if the file type matches the extension. They suspect some users are
trading mp3 via mail, just changing the extension to .pdf or some other
valid extension.

Does anybody know how can I do that? Is there a .pm for examining the
magic number of the files?

Any pointers to docs/packages/code snippets would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

				Fer