[Mimedefang] patch to add blocking of encrypted email via uvscan

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Dec 9 12:28:23 EST 2003

>>    Your fear may be unfounded. I suspect that'll be a virus with
>> a low propagation rate, since a user dumb enough to click on untrusted
>> content is likely also dumb enough not to find the password for the
>> file...

Virus's/spam has evolved to get past bayes databases's and attachment
blocking. It seems that most mail servers will reject exe attachments but
allow zip files. Virtually none of them block password protected files.
Ask yourself (not agreeing or disagreeing with the above statement), "What
is the next logical progression for virus's?"

New extensions if possible....?
Multiple infection types, share scanning, built in smtp server.
--Luke