[Mimedefang] patch to add blocking of encrypted email via uv scan

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Tue Dec 9 11:56:30 EST 2003

On 12/09/03 at 08:50, 'twas brillig and Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com scrobe:

> Nonetheless, I personally live in fear of the day some virus writer includes
> a built-in zip engine in their virus - which at every run generates a random
> password, encrypts itself, and sends its encrypted version to every email it
> can find.
>
> That will be the day I block encrypted .zip files.

	Your fear may be unfounded. I suspect that'll be a virus with
a low propagation rate, since a user dumb enough to click on untrusted
content is likely also dumb enough not to find the password for the
file...

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key