OT: Tcl vs. Perl (was Re: OT: Re: [Mimedefang] 2.39 on redhat 7.3)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Dec 8 15:42:51 EST 2003

To add to that,

  I write a CallerID decoder in TCL just because I felt like it. (well, I have
one of those rolling LED message boards hooked to a Unix system driven by TCL,
so adding CallerID at my house was just something fun to do.)

THEN, I found out the phone company sends bad data in the
MultiDataMessageFormat. So that forced me to throw away the beautiful code I had
just written to Bell-Core specs and "fudge it".

But it works! :)

  -Ben