[Mimedefang] Re: Unsafe file types

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Sat Dec 6 15:04:21 EST 2003

This is the methodology I am interested in.
For example on .doc extensions blocking them if they are not the following
mime types:
plain-text
msword

This would block a number of msword related exploits.
Word blindly opens any doc file, and if it is another content type it will
attempt to convert it or some how handle it, with unforseeen results.