[Mimedefang] Finally got it working - 1 more question

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Dec 5 16:47:59 EST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Mark Penkower wrote:

> I then put a syntax error in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter and restarted
> MIMEDefang.  When I tried to send out an email message, I got:

You cannot defend against a syntax error with the Sendmail config file
change, because the "Please try again later" message is issued by the
multiplexor.  The sendmail config file change only protects you if MIMEDefang
is truly dead in the water and not responding at all.

I don't really see the utility of what you're trying to do.  Just make sure
your filter is correct, and everything will be fine.