[Mimedefang] Finally got it working - 1 more question

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Fri Dec 5 16:30:02 EST 2003

At 02:29 PM 12/5/2003, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

>To allow sendmail to continue running when mimedefang dies, take out the
>"F=T" part of your INPUT_MAIL_FILTER macro
>
>INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
>`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')

Thanks,

Unfortunately this does not work.  Here is the entry from the macro:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')

Here is the corresponding entry in sendmail.cf:

Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m

I then put a syntax error in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter and restarted
MIMEDefang.  When I tried to send out an email message, I got:

451 4.7.1 Please try again later.

Please advise.

Mark Penkower

Lame text disclaimer