[Mimedefang] Finally got it working - 1 more question

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Fri Dec 5 14:16:33 EST 2003

Thanks for all of your help.  I finally got Mimedefang to work with the
filter to just add the disclaimer text.  I basically took the example
filter - remarked out stuff I didn't want and added the stuff that I wanted.

My sendmail.mc file builds the Mimedefang support with:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:5m;R:5m')

I need to make a change to this:

With the current setup, if Mimedefang fails, then sendmail will not spool
messages - it just crashes with a:

451 4.7.1 Please try again later

I need to have sendmail still function even if Mimedefang were to crash or
fail for some reason.

Is this done by changing sendmail.mc and recompiling sendmail.cf, or is
there some other way?

Please advise.

Thanks again for all of your help and patience!

Mark Penkower