[Mimedefang] Bayes lockfile problem

Per Björklund Per.Bjorklund at itlink.se
Fri Dec 5 12:19:59 EST 2003

Hi!

I've seen a problem for a while in my MD 2.39 / SA 2.60. It seems like the bayes lockfiles are not removed properly, or that it takes to long to process the bayes databases or something.
The problem started after upgrading from MD 2.33 / SA 2.55 to MD 2.39 / SA 2.60... I've seen the exact same errors on another machine which was upgraded to MD 2.38 / SA 2.60. (And I have done a sa-learn --rebuild on the bayes databases when I upgraded to SA 2.60 so they are upgraded to v2).

The bayes database is quite large on both machines (44MB and 46MB). And I've tried to change SA to use bayes_learn_to_journal and run a nightly sa-learn --rebuild which doesn't seem to help
(I'm not quite sure if bayes_learn_to_journal really kicks in since I see no journal-file at the moment... But spamassassin doesn't complain on the syntax in my sa-mimedefang.cf when running with -D)..

So at the moment I'm forced to disable bayes.. ;(

Below are the error that is logged:

Dec  5 16:42:19 mailgw2 mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 1 stderr: Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: lock failed: File exists

/ Per