[Mimedefang] Dictionary attacks, NDRs etc..

Martin J. Dellwo dellwo at 3dp.com
Fri Dec 5 10:01:27 EST 2003

> From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Dictionary attacks, NDRs etc..
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Fred Felgenhauer wrote:
>

>>delete_recipient($recip); <--------------- Does not delete recipients
>

> Correct; read the mimedefang-filter man page.
>
> You should be doing your test in filter_recipient; if you reject a
> recipient there, it won't get added to @Recipients, the sender will
> get a 5XX code, and you may even reduce the number of recipients to
> 1 (which will let you avoid streaming) or 0 (which will skip all
> the content-filtering.)

Is there a way to bounce the entire message from filter_recipient?  I'd
like to check for particular recipients who are only ever there for spam
  messages, and then reject the entire message even if additional valid
recipient are present.  For instance when recipients list is something
like 'lp,adm,bin,validuser1,validuser2,validuser3'.  The presence of any
of lp, adm or bin pretty much means spam to me.
--
Martin J. Dellwo
(610) 458-5264 x6512
mdellwo at prdus.jnj.com / dellwo at 3dp.com