[Mimedefang] SendmailMacros, greylisting and filter_recipient

mfaurot at atww.org mfaurot at atww.org
Thu Dec 4 11:29:18 EST 2003

In article <Pine.LNX.4.58.0312031220030.22472 at shishi.roaringpenguin.com> you wrote:

> One thing I found in CanIt that I mentioned on the list is that some spam
> mail servers don't take no for an answer, and retry even after a 5XX code.
> I think a machine that sends the exact same message to the exact same
> recipients three times or more in face of a 5XX code is a good candidate
> for blacklisting.

How do you deal with the BugTraq (bugtraq at securityfocus.com) mailing
list then?  I've noticed that my filters will occasionally bounce some
of the stuff from there.  When the stuff is bounced it is done with a
5XX code.  But whatever software securityfocus.com is running doesn't
seem to take no for an answer either and will keep retrying to send that
same message periodically for several days.