[Mimedefang] File Magic

Jared Armstrong mimedefang at snow.alyeskaresort.com
Wed Dec 3 16:02:36 EST 2003

Hello

Any concerns with using the File::Type module in filter() or
filter_multipart()?

I am thinking of running something like:

checktype_filename($entity->bodyhandle->path)

and then doing an action_drop_with_warning the offending part based on the
returned file magic (especially executables).

I am already discarding filenames based on extension, but some of my users
are learning to change extensions to get past the re_match check.

Good idea?  Bad idea?  Should I just shut up and try it?

--
[Jared Armstrong                                     System Administrator]

No wonder Clairol makes so much money selling shampoo.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat is an infinite loop!