[Mimedefang] SMTP configuration question

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Dec 3 08:47:28 EST 2003

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 12/02/2003 04:45:18
PM:

> I forgot to add that you can test this stuff as follows, on the eriecc
box,
> as follows, without actually having to send an email.
>
> On the eriecc box, try the following from the commandline, where
> "user at domain" is the email address of a user who's mail you want routed
> the mailserver host:
>
>    sendmail -bv user at domain
>
> It should come back with something that looks like this:
>
>    user at domain... deliverable: mailer smtp, host
> [mailserver.wnyric.org], user user at domain

Thanks for the assistance.  What I figured out before I got a chance was
the I had to remove the MX record as I mentioned.  There was then no entry
for eriecc.wnyric.org in the DNS milton is using.  DUH!!!

I did not have access to the DNS server from home, so I added
eriecc.wnyric.org to /etc/hosts and mail started flowing.