[Mimedefang] Relay server with "dialup" or "dsl" in the hostname

Steven.Ellison at hardywines.com.au Steven.Ellison at hardywines.com.au
Wed Dec 3 04:03:19 EST 2003

Re: Lucas Albers (Or was it Dave) wrote:
> The other idea I considered was looking at the name of the relaying
server,
> if it is a match ip-wise of the ip address it is probable a good
> indication it is is a dialup, or if it has the word dialup or dsl in it.
> At the best this could only add a few points into SA, but every point
helps.
> example:
> mnch-001-248.dialup.iowatelecom.net
> dialup-67.31.168.144.dial1.denver1.level3.net [67.31.168.144]

So you would exclude my home mail system because
"eth607.sa.adsl.internode.on.net"
has dsl in it ....

Well, I don't like that much.  Its a Business  Fixed IP address ADSL line
to my server.

eth607.sa.adsl.internode.on.net is the MX record holder for my domain
pcsa.net.au

      Maybe I am the only person in the world with this ;-)

            Regards,
                  Steven Ellison