[Mimedefang] Bodyless messages

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Dec 2 17:38:39 EST 2003

I've been getting spam, or maybe it's virus, with no message body.  It's
as if some filter prior to our system has removed the body, or some
amateur software is failing to insert its payload.  More than one a day
is getting annoying.

It seems reasonable to bounce mail with no body.  However I don't see a
simple way to do so.  The best I got so far is to do a '-s' filetest on
HEADERS and INPUTMSG and diagnose when INPUTMSG is one byte longer, but
this seems clumsy.  Is there a neater trick?

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, AcIS, Columbia University