[Mimedefang] SMTP configuration question

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Tue Dec 2 16:45:18 EST 2003

I forgot to add that you can test this stuff as follows, on the eriecc box,
as follows, without actually having to send an email.

On the eriecc box, try the following from the commandline, where
"user at domain" is the email address of a user who's mail you want routed to
the mailserver host:

	sendmail -bv user at domain

It should come back with something that looks like this:

	user at domain... deliverable: mailer smtp, host
[mailserver.wnyric.org], user user at domain

KEN CORMACK, RHCE
Sr. UNIX Systems Analyst,
    Open Systems Group
Sr. Software Analyst,
    TSG Midrange Systems Group
AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICES, INC.
    557 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron, OH  44310
    mailto:kcormack at acs.roadway.com
    mailto:ken.cormack at acs-inc.com
    Phone: (330) 643-6372
    Fax: (330) 643-6367
    Pager: (800) 946-4646 Pin 1412819

"If that that is 'is' is that that is not 'not is', is that that is 'not is'
that that is not 'is'?  It is!" - Ken Cormack

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate technical
reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken." - Unknown