[Mimedefang] Re: Unsafe file types

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Dec 2 16:31:41 EST 2003

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 12/02/2003 03:59:20
PM:
> Could be worse.  You should've seen me trying to explain my theory
> of  *why* people expect to be able to attach random files and use rich
text
> in their email.  (In a nutshell: it's the "mail" metaphor.)

I had a better one today.  A user came to me wondering why the message he
sent from Lotus Notes, with the attached files in between the lines of
text were received with the files at the bottom of the message.  He had
something along the lines of:

Here are the minutes of the meeting

[minutes.doc]

And here are the recommmendations of the committee

[recommedations.doc]

followed by his signature text.

Looked nice when he sent it...