[Mimedefang] Help With Filter (Mark Penkower)

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Mon Dec 1 13:53:39 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Cormack, Ken <kcormack at acs.roadway.com> wrote:

> > I want to reject emails (with a Fully RFC Compliant
> > Error Code) that have certain keywords in the subject line.
>
> I do this directly with sendmail, rather than in MIMEDefang.
>
> Just add the following to the LOCAL_RULESETS section of your sendmail.mc,
> substituting a tab in the lines that have "[TAB]" in them.
> [...]
> F{FullSubjects} -o /etc/mail/subjects_full
> F{PartSubjects} -o /etc/mail/subjects_part
> HSubject:[TAB]$>CheckSubject
> [...]

Cool.  I was just noting a rise in emails about a certain French city and
a certain hotel chain, and contemplating something like this.  I turned it
into a feature/reject_subjects.m4 file and it's working great.  Thanks for
sharing.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html