[Mimedefang] kill -HUP [MD processes]

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Mon Dec 1 08:23:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Andrzej Marecki wrote:
>
> > Now, what if I change e.g. /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter? Is kill -HUP enough?
>
> No, don't do it.  Instead use:
>
> 	md-mx-ctrl reread

I've always wondered, is there any race condition there?  In other words,
if I change mimedefang-filter but don't do anything to make the slaves
re-read, will they re-read it on their own at some point?  Is there any
danger of a slave reading an intermediate save of mimedefang-filter from
the editor that isn't ready for prime-time (hasn't passed mimedefang.pl
-test for example)?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html