Fwd: [Mimedefang] rejecting connects

Mitch DSouza mitch at 0bits.com
Fri Aug 29 11:16:01 EDT 2003

Nope, i don't believe that's entirely correct. Our Sparc machine at
work with 24 cpu's happliy runs at load average of 300. My Linux machine
at home get to 16 sometimes (especially when 'updatedb' runs) so it
not an indication that you really need more horsepower. LA spikes are
fine. Sustained load as you say is probably an indication that you do
need more horses.

Morale of my rant is that simply basing your purchasing trends on
Load Averages is not a good thing.