[Mimedefang] Quarantine with NO notification?

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Mon Aug 25 13:15:01 EDT 2003

At 09:43 AM 8/25/2003, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>    Is it possible to perform an action_quarantine() on a message and have
> it NOT notify the intended recipient?

If you want to quarantine the entire message, you can use
action_quarantine_entire_message() and it will not notify the recipient
unless you explicitly ask it to (although it will notify the administrator
under certain configurations).  This is what I do with high-scoring spam.

If you want to quarantine individual parts and not tell the recipient, I'm
not sure that's a good idea.  In that instance, I think it would be better
to include a brief note, at least to indicate that something *has* been
removed.  If you really do want to do this, it may be possible to use
action_quarantine($entity,'').  I haven't tried this, though.

Kelson Vibber