[Mimedefang] Off topic: Ethics of deleteing spam

Alan Madill amadill at hwy16.com
Thu Aug 28 21:01:01 EDT 2003

We are losing customers to our competitors because of spam.  The
customer claims that they know someone who uses ISP xyz and
they get very little spam.  They have to be filtering it.

We currently change the subject to [SPAM?]... or [SPAM!]...
depending on the score from SpamAssassin and have told our
lusers how to filter it or delete it with their email client but it still uses
bandwidth and it is a hassle for them to set that up.

We would like to just delete it or bounce it but we are worried about
the ethical and legal issues of doing so.

What is everyone else doing?

-
Alan Madill - Hwy16 Internet
Technical Services