[Mimedefang] Sitewide Bayes

cam bcp1 at craqskeep.com
Thu Aug 28 15:07:01 EDT 2003

> I disagree.  Unless your users are technically savvy, the average customer
> will never use Bayesian rules.
>
> Therefore, I think it comes down to: is Bayesian site-wide better for a
> server where the users would never individually seed the bayesian filters?
>
> KAM

along the lines that KAM mentioned, what about users that NEVER log into a
shell?  ie, (l)users on windoze?  they wouldnt' be able to set it up 99%
of the time due to a lack of desire to learn.

i personally use the bayesian site-wide solution myself, but also make use
of all_spam_to config options for a few users who bitched.  ( hmmm about 3
people out of 2000  if i remember right. )

cam proctor
bcp1 at craqskeep.com
bcp1 at kopower.com