[Mimedefang] relays.osirusoft.com

Stephen L Johnson stephen.johnson at mail.state.ar.us
Wed Aug 27 14:51:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 13:20, Peter P. Benac wrote:
> Hmmmm  I just looked at my CF files and I can't find a reference to
> ORSIRUSOFT in any of them?

You might need to hunt around a bit for the mainSpamAssassin *.cf files.
I installed from RPMs for RedHat 9. The install location is
/usr/share/spamassassin.

Inside that directory you will have a bunch of *cf files and templates.
The RBL tests are defined in 20_head_tests.cf .

A partial list of files in my /usr/share/spamassassin

10_misc.cf
20_anti_ratware.cf
20_body_tests.cf
20_compensate.cf
20_head_tests.cf

> I am using 2.55. Called by MIMEDefang 2.41,  Sendmail 8.12.8p1
>
> I haven't changed SpamAssassin to much from it's feault install other then
> whitelisting and blacklisting so addresses.
>
> Is not having this DNSBL normal for a vanilla install of SA?

All of the RBL tests are in SpamAssassin. Not all of the RBL tests are
activated by default. Some of the free RBL sites are used. The commerial
site your have to activated yourself. The SpamAssassin README files
explains about the RBL tests.

Stephen L Johnson                       stephen.johnson at mail.state.ar.us
Unix Systems Administrator              sjohnson at monsters.org
Department of Information Systems