[Mimedefang] skipping mimedefang on outbound mail

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Wed Aug 27 14:06:01 EDT 2003

mimedefang-admin at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote:
> I am wanting to set up MD so that if it receives an email coming
> from an internal machine (i.e. 172.16.100.249), that it does not
> do any filtering or scanning.  It should just continue to forward
> the email onto the final receipiant on the Internet.  I placed the
> following code in my mimedefang-filter configuration, and restarted
> sendmail and MD.  But when I send a test message, it still is getting
> sent through the filters.  What am I doing wrong here?
[snip]

Just a guess here, but are you passing the -r option to mimedefang?  On my
system I do this by adding:

MX_RELAY_CHECK=yes

to /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang but it's been forever since I setup my init
scripts and I can't remember how standard they are now.

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722