[Mimedefang] skipping mimedefang on outbound mail

Todd Adamson tadamson at routers.com
Wed Aug 27 12:49:01 EDT 2003

I need some help. :)

I am wanting to set up MD so that if it receives an email coming
from an internal machine (i.e. 172.16.100.249), that it does not
do any filtering or scanning.  It should just continue to forward
the email onto the final receipiant on the Internet.  I placed the
following code in my mimedefang-filter configuration, and restarted
sendmail and MD.  But when I send a test message, it still is getting
sent through the filters.  What am I doing wrong here?

sub filter_relay {
   my ($ip, $name, $helo) = @_;
   if ($ip eq "172.16.100.249") {
      return ("ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING", "OK")
   }
   return ("CONTINUE", "OK");
}

Todd Adamson