[Mimedefang] How to discard mail silently when it contains bad attachments

Russ GilmanHunt rgilmanhunt at hotp.com
Tue Aug 26 12:14:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 06:49, John.Mathews at events.wvu.edu wrote:
> Sobig.f is killing us here.  The problem isn't finding and cleaning the
> virus, its
> sending out all those useless emails that have had the virus stripped out.
> Is there
> an easy way to have the filters just discard the mail if it is found to be
> infected?
>
> I'm getting 500+ per day in my own mailbox.

I'm using this fragment in the filter() routine, just after the call to
virus scan...

/*
if (($VirusName =~ m/sobig/i) or ($VirusName =~ m/klez/i))  {
  md_graphdefang_log("Dropping Mail- $VirusName found from $RelayAddr");
  return action_discard();
}
*/
but I'm not confident with it's robustness :) (I'm still a perl weenie).

hth,
Russ