[Mimedefang] Balancing MD load (slightly OT)

F.M. Taylor ftaylor1 at mymail.indstate.edu
Tue Aug 26 10:53:00 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I have a front end sendmail box called maildump, no filtering, it just
accepts mail.  This box is *supposed* to round robin to my 3 back-end
boxes with sendmail, MD, SA, and Virii scan.  However, it seems that
once maildump grabs ahold of one of the back end boxes it won't let go
or re-resolve for the next connections.

Could someone send me a clue as to what I need to change to make
sendmail operate as I desire.  I have set connection cache size to zero
and my nsswitch.conf (yep, solaris) to dns first then files.  BUt that
does not seem to be enough.  Do I need to "fork each job" or what??

TIA