[Mimedefang] suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients request (viruses that fake sender addresses)

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Tue Aug 26 04:29:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

forgive me if it's been proposed before (I still got some backlog ...).
Would it be possible to update the suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients
for next version to deal properly with viruses that fake sender addresses ?
I mean replacing :
action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail - rejected");
with
action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail - rejected") unless ($VirusName =~ /(?i)klez|bugbear|nimda|hybris|yaha|braid|sobig|fizzer|palyh|mimail|Trojan.Dropper/);

I guess that otherwise not everybody will take into account all these
viruses that fake sender addresses.
No use annoying innocent people ...

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services