[Mimedefang] sa-learn & mimedefang

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Aug 25 22:51:01 EDT 2003

Hi Marcus!

> Hi,
>
> I'm running MIMEDefang-2.28 using sendmail's milter functions and
> SpamAssassin version 2.55 on debian/woody.
>
> About 20% of my spam is chaught by Mozilla's-"Junk Mail Filer" and not
> by Spamassassin. Is there any need to run run sa-learn e.g.
> by cron to train the user under which MIMEDefang runs?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

Put in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf:

use_bayes 1
auto_learn 1
bayes_file_mode 0600
bayes_path /var/spool/MD-Quarantine/bayes (or whatever your desired path is)

This will let the byes filter automaticly learn if the basis is big enough
(~200 spam mails). No cronjob is needed for that task.

Regards

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany