[Mimedefang] Re: Refresh

Jeremy Mates jmates at sial.org
Mon Aug 25 16:57:01 EDT 2003

* Will McCorkle <WMcCorkle at dgsystems.com>
> I was wondering if anyone knows how often the mimedefang-filter filer
> is referenced by sendmail to update the score it tests againist? i.e.
> If I changed the score from 19 to 20 and do not HUP the server how
> long before mimedefang realizes the score is higher?

Depends on MX_REQUESTS (-r argument to mimedefang-multiplexor), how many
requests the slave in question has already made, and how many requests
your system goes through during the timeframe in question.

Depending on what you are logging (I like to log everything if possible,
and use scripts to sort out the rest) you should be able to calculate
slave lifetime from the logfiles by looking at the frequency of slave
startup and kills due to max requests being hit.