[Mimedefang] Bayes and forward account

Rajesh Bhandari BhandaR at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Aug 25 12:14:00 EDT 2003

>>> stephen at lucidnetworks.net 08/25/03 10:27AM >>>
>Has anyone setup bayes to scan an account created just to receive untagged
>spam for learning? If so, does it work well? Did you do anything different
>from the basic Bayes mailbox learning? What are the pros and cons of doing
>this?
>
>I have read this:
>http://spamassassin.taint.org/faq/index.cgi?req=recent&days=28 FAQ# 5.3
>but I want to see if it has been tried by anyone in the wild.

I've been thinking of using the MD resend_message function to send the message to a spam-processing account on the local box. According to the man pages, this function "immediately resends the original unmodified mail message".

So
- Resend message to local mailbox if SA score is between 5 - 7 (FP range for me)
- Verify ham and spam by hand
- use sa-learn on the ham and spam folders

Haven't done it yet, but one of these days, when I have a moment ...

Rajesh