[Mimedefang] action_replace_with_warning

cc cc at belfordhk.com
Mon Aug 25 04:22:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been reading the Actions list and came up to
this function which looked like what I wanted to
do with any incoming virus messages.

Here's part of the filter:

        md_graphdefang_log('LOG:',$category,$action);
        # If you are more paranoid, change to: if ($action eq
"quarantine") {
        if ($category eq "virus") {
            md_graphdefang_log('virus',$VirusName, $RelayAddr);

            # Bounce the mail!
            # action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail - rejected");
            # action_drop_with_warning("Virus detected and dropped.");
            action_replace_with_warning("Virus was removed.");
            action_change_header("Subject","Virus ($VirusName) detected
:".$Subj
ect);

            # But quarantine the part for examination later.  Comment
            # the next line out if you don't want to bother.
            action_quarantine($entity, "A known virus was discovered and
deleted
.  Virus-scanner messages follow:\n$VirusScannerMessages\n\n");
            send_quarantine_notifications();

            return;
        }

For instance, I sent an email contain eicar to
a different email address.  Now given the above,
shouldn't the actual content of the message be
replaced with the text given in as a parameter
for action_replace_with_warning()?

right now, I only get an email with no body,
but with the subject modified to:
"Virus (Eicar test) detected: "

Shouldn't "Virus was removed." be in the
text that eventually gets to the user?

I've tried action_notify_administrator(),

I'm using MIMEDefang v2.36, with Sendmail 8.12.

Any help appreciated.

Cc