[Mimedefang] clamav/mimedefang

cc cc at belfordhk.com
Mon Aug 25 03:01:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm attempting to setup clamAV and mimedefang, but
am not sure if the setup is running 'correctly'.

Basically, from one remote account, I sent an email
that contained the Eicar Test file.

Immediately, it was bounced back to me showing:

The original message was received at Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:39:40 +0800
from cc at localhost [127.0.0.1]

<cc at mydomain.com>
    (reason: 554 5.7.1 Virus EICAR-Test-File found in mail - rejected)

... while talking to mydomain.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 554 5.7.1 Virus EICAR-Test-File found in mail - rejected
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

When it says "Service unavailable", does it mean that it couldn't
run ClamScan or is this part of something else?  The ClamD log
doesn't show anything.

Can someone point out where I might find where this "service
unavailable' is coming from?

Thanks.